Friday, November 20, 2009

TIPS FOR NEW PROVIDERS Part 1

Hey newbie!

We are at the same stage actually and I know how you feel....If you haven't been on any project since you joined odesk well it can really get frustrating i know the feeling...so here is tip number one: BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND DON'T GIVE UP .... know what you can do best and tell the buyers how you can actually do it and provide a great service. Apply on those jobs which suit you, set aside the buyers budget just yet work on little projects and start building your career.... Tip #2 KEEP APPLYING you've got 20 job application quotas each week use them up you never know when you can land a job you want. And ultimately you get to accept or decline it as you wish... Let me share a recent experience ok? I applied for a data entry job and it was for $10 (the budget was kinda low considering i have taken 3 jobs higher than it for the same job description). Keyword here is applied and so on my cover letter I wrote I would love to know more about the job post. The buyer without any word hired me on the spot. Where I found out he was asking me to do 850 listings in 24hours. Personally, I don't find it reasonable. But I still tried and did the first 2 pages about 12 listings for him then I emailed back ( spent an hour on this one too ). On my email I said we would have to do something about the price of the project as I have done a lot less with a lot more $$$ in it. She can opt to find a replacement if she wants too. She did not email me but just ended the assignment. The experience saddened me..... watch out for the my next blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment